What making art looks like

...according to my sketchbook. In Italy in 2007, when I really began sketching in earnest, I drew whatever was available to me. A good deal of what was available to me were the Montana State students who accompanied me during my semester abroad. In between teaching and critiquing I ended up drawing each and every one of them at least once, and many several times. They were all also making art at the time, so my sketchbook became a record of their process and mine.

sketchbook page
l to r (I think): Grant, Katie, Regina, Megan, Sara, Brent, Chelsea, Hana, Mel (on the fence), Elisa (nearly invisible), Tiffany (ponytail), Dan, Sarah, Rikka (standing), and Jeff

morgan
Morgan

brent 01
Brent

elisa
Elisa

mel
Mel

chelsea
Chelsea

jeff
Jeff

elisa
Elisa again

dan drawing
Dan

ink self portrait
self-portrait

Comments

  1. Just look at all that fabulous body language!! So many styles, so many positions. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past