backroom view finished


backroom view finished, originally uploaded by paul heaston.

This is the back room at my place of work. This is about as clean as it gets, except for the piles of books on the table, which aren't typical. This drawing was done in three or four sessions starting April 27th and ending May 4th, during which the room changed quite a bit. The boxes piled on the left got piled even higher, the table was cleared, and certain items (the clipper ship, mop bucket, chairs) moved around a lot. Also, the fridge in the back was replaced, which is pretty unusual. The drawing shows the original fridge. The new, as far as I can tell, looks identical, but apparently it isn't.

Comments

  1. Wonderful! I love your sketches -- the consistency of technique and observation, just the right amount of detail and linework, never fussy. Some people would kill a drawing with this much hatching, yet it's completely alive. The wide-angle view is great too. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawing - love it! I do a lot of drawing like this too - a little bit a day, and also have seen movement and changes of items and things. Sometimes things I never expected, changed. I thought about science fiction movies and time travel and how they might travel two days distance, and nothing will change. Little do they know..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I'm such a fan of yours!

    I was wondering what type of pens do you use? I have such a hard time with my lines showing through on my moleskines. I usually just end up drawing on one page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! Erica, I use Staedtler Pigment Liner pens, but I think the difference is probably that I use the Moleskine "sketchbook"-style journal as opposed to the "notebook"-style journal. It has thicker, more opaque pages than the notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paul! I'll make sure to get both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past